Thursday, April 30, 2009

"What are you thankful for today? Stop by Sonya's blog, Truth 4 The Journey, to find out how to share your gratitude and see what others are thanking God for today."

Today I am thankful!
1. I am thankful for my Heavenly Father!
1 John 3:1 Behold what manner of love the Father has bestowed on us, that we should be called children of God! Therefore the world does not know us, because it did not know Him.

2. I am thankful that He loved me first!
1 John 4:10 This is love: not that we loved God, but that He loved us and sent his Son as an atoning sacrifice for our sins.

3. I am thankful that He provides for me.
1 Timothy 6:17 Command those who are rich in this present world not to be arrogant nor to put their hope in wealth, which is so uncertain, but to put their hope in God, who richly provides us with everything for our enjoyment.

4. I am thankful that He protects me.
Psalm 37: 27-29 Turn from evil and do good; then you will dwell in the land forever.
For the LORD loves the just and will not forsake his faithful ones. They will be protected forever, but the offspring of the wicked will be cut off; the righteous will inherit the land and dwell in it forever.


5. I am thankful that He is preparing a place for me, eternally!
John 14:3 And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come back and take you to be with me that you also may be where I am.

I pray that God will reveal to us who He is and all that He graciously does for us, daily!

8 comments:

  1. I love this list, Laurie. I especially enjoy reading the Scripture that backs up each one. Blessings, SusanD

    ReplyDelete
  2. God's Word, what a tasty treat!

    Lovingly,
    Yolanda

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for drawing me to the living water this morning!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for this today Laurie. Isn't God's word so good. Water for the thirsty soul. Bread for the hungry. Balm for the heart.

    Love ya sweet one,
    Beth

    ReplyDelete
  5. Laurie,

    I again love your weekly blessings that you have given all the praise and glory to God!

    He will continue to lift you in the days ahead and keep your spirits super high!

    Love and Hugs ~ Kat

    ReplyDelete
  6. Laurie, I love your list. Isn't it wonderful when Scripture verifies what we alrady now in our hearts?!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great idea to put scriptures after each item on your Thankful list! Glad I stopped by.

    Sonya Lee

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Laurie,

    Thanks for sharing that with us! We love your
    site!! Amen & amen! :)

    Hey. If you get the opportunity, would you
    mind praying for the prayer requests that are
    on our main page?

    May the Lord bless you and your family!!

    Mark, Lynn, Brooke & Carley Seay
    www.LighthousePrayerLine.org

    ps - please consider "following" our blog
    -or- atleast grab one of our free, linking,
    blue buttons. ( see top sidebar at
    www.LighthousePrayerLine.org ).

    •´.¸¸.•¨¯`♥.Visit Us Soon!.♥´¯¨•.¸¸.´•

    ReplyDelete