Monday, April 6, 2009


Welcome to Monday Manna. The purpose of this meme is to get together and get to know Christ more through His Word. The first and third Monday of each month, anyone who wishes can post their thoughts on a verse Joanne introduced at her blog the Thursday before. It doesn't have to be a long post -- just a few thoughts, a picture you feel helps express it, a poem, a short story, a devotional.
Today's Verse: Romans 12:12 Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, faithful in prayer. (NIV)

As I pondered today's verse another Scritpure came to mind. Micah 6:8 He has shown you, O man, what is good; And what does the LORD require of you But to do justly, To love mercy, And to walk humbly with your God? (NKJV) These two Scriptures mirror one another and reflect our Christian walk and duty beautifully. Today I discuss them.

BE JOYFUL IN HOPE…. TO LOVE MERCY
God desires that we love mercy. When I forgive, when I use God’s talents within me, and when I prefer others, I find joy. In reaching out, I find the joyful life God has promised. No matter our circumstance, God’s desire to work in and through us. Through our fellowship with Christ, we can always find hope for ourselves and others, no matter the circumstance.
What reason to be joyful!

PATIENT IN AFFLICTION…. TO DO JUSTLY
God desires that we do justly. News flash! When we do justly and live righteously, persecution and trials come. But, remember we can still have hope and be joyful. We probably all can say that trials, problems, and persecutions are not our favorite things. But, aren’t they the very things that make us more like Christ and reveal what is truly eternal- hope and joy in Christ?

FAITHFUL IN PRAYER…. WALK HUMBLY WITH YOUR GOD
God desires that we walk humbly with Him. HOW AWESOME IS THAT??? Like Adam and Even before sin, we can enjoy constant and continual fellowship with God Almighty, The Prince of Peace, Everlasting Father, Emmanuel, the Lord of Lord, the King of Kings, Our Healer, Our Deliver, Wonderful, Counselor, and Redeemer! Realizing that Jesus alone makes that fellowship possible keeps us humble. Our first priority must be to connect with God through prayer. Our determination must be to stay connected through affliction and through times of ease. Whatever the season, whatever the circumstance, His Command to us is the same. Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, faithful in prayer. Do justly, love mercy, and walk humbly with your God.

6 comments:

  1. Beautifully written from the heart and filled with truth.

    I especially like when you said, "News flash! When we do justly and live righteously, persecution and trials come. But, remember we can still have hope and be joyful."

    Love you dear sister.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Laurie - this is WONDERFUL. I love how you show these parallels. This definitely fed me. Thanks so much for participating!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I especially like your parallel between faithfulness in prayer and walking humbly with god. It is so fitting, and a beautiful picture of the fellowship He desires with us.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! Laurie, I really like you parallelled these verses. It's very insightful. Definitely food for thought here, sister!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Laurie, Thanks for visiting my blog and commenting. I love when you said this
    "Through our fellowship with Christ, we can always find hope for ourselves and others, no matter the circumstance."
    Makes me think of when you are right with God you are hopeful, but when you are not you tend to be hopeless.. Will Definetely be back to visit. God Bless, Deb

    ReplyDelete
  6. Laurie,

    What a great recap and I felt this was written from deep with-in you. I memorized a scripture not to long ago and I just kept hearing that over and over as I read this. Hosea 6:6

    For I desire MERCY not sacrifice and the acknowledgment of God rather than burnt offerings.

    Love,
    Yolanda

    ReplyDelete