Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Tuesday's Truth- God's Faithfulness

Number two from my top 10 list to help overcome temptation is God's faithfulness.
To see number one, click here

GOD IS FAITHFUL!

I wrote the following many years ago.

“I was just marveling in God’s faithfulness. I hope and pray this week, as challenges and victories await us, that our souls find strength and refuge in God’s faithfulness.

Could I compare His faithfulness to…

The sun that sets each morning,
The falling of the autumn leaves,
The sound of the waves upon the shores,
The soft touch of a rose pedal,
The sun that rises each morning,
The blooming of spring flowers,
The sight of a blue sky,
The smell of the salt ocean,
The sun’s bright rays upon the morning dew,
The full bloom of a daffodil,
The taste of a sour apple,
The laughter that cheers the heart,
The tears that cry from the soul,
The love that both breaks and mends?

Can His faithfulness compare…
To those things which we depend upon,
That neither change, nor fail us?

No, great is Your faithfulness!
I know Lord that the world with all
Of its splendor and all of your marvelous creations
Shall fade way, but you
Oh, Lord will remain faithful.

Help me to find my abode here…
In your faithfulness.”

Whatever you face sister, may these Scriptures lift you up… where you belong, in His faithfulness.

Know therefore that the LORD your God is God; he is the faithful God, keeping his covenant of love to a thousand generations of those who love him and keep his commands. Deuteronomy 7:9

O LORD God Almighty, who is like you?
You are mighty, O LORD, and your faithfulness surrounds you. Psalm 89:8

Your faithfulness continues through all generations; You established the earth, and it endures. Psalm 119:90

It was not by their sword that they won the land,
nor did their arm bring them victory;
it was your right hand, your arm,
and the light of your face, for you loved them.
You are my King and my God,
who decrees victories for Jacob.
Through you we push back our enemies;
through your name we trample our foes.
I do not trust in my bow,
my sword does not bring me victory;
but you give us victory over our enemies,
you put our adversaries to shame.
In God we make our boast all day long,
and we will praise your name forever. Psalm 44:3-8

3 comments:

  1. Laurie, another great post. I've been in kind of a funk the past few days and this was very uplifting:-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this Laurie! You have a beautiful writing style and it is very soothing to read. I love the verse in Deuteronomy - may use it for my next LPM scripture memory! :)

    In Him,
    Beth

    ReplyDelete
  3. GOD BLESS YOU LAURIE!! This is awesome!!

    ReplyDelete