5 days ago
Thursday, March 19, 2009
Today, I am thankful for the many ways God communicates to me.
1. God often speaks to me through my daughter. Today, her little bike ran into a ditch. No big deal. She picked it up knowing that I would help if she needed it. Child-like faith! That is what God desires from us.
2. God speaks to me through "divine encounters". Yesterday I ran into the brother of a college/high school friend. As a result I have reconnected with my friend from the past. Incidentally, I have often thought of ways to get back in touch with her through the years. Right time, right place, right encounter.
3. God speaks to me through my friends. I am thankful for how loving and kind my friends are. Their kindness and grace reminds me often of God's great forgiveness. (And, a hearty you are welcome to all of the ladies that I gave awards to!)
4. God speaks to me through song. Yesterday I was VERY overwhelmed with a lot of small stuff I had to do. I started singing songs to the Lord and immediately felt His realness and closeness.
5. God speaks to me through nature. Again, when I look at this beautiful day outside I am reminded of a God who is beautiful, perfect, and passionate about us. And, I am overwhelmed that He sees and knows me--- one person at one place at one specific time. Oh, we have so much to be thankful for!!!
Posted by Laurie at Thursday, March 19, 2009