Tuesday, September 29, 2009


The wind blows wherever it pleases. You hear its sound, but you cannot tell
where it comes from or where it is going. So it is with everyone born of the
Spirit. John 3:8

I love the Holy Spirit! It amazes me that Christ's Spirit is with us at all times- to comfort, to teach, to talk to us. I just need to be more open to talk to Him and listen to His subtle ways of speaking to me:) So, lately I am quieting my heart more. This means more constant prayers throughout the day about how to spend my time and prayers for help with the daily grind. This also means not worrying or being anxious. Being sensitive to Him also means not shrugging off the ideas that come to my mind throughout the day and obeying His gentle promptings. Like, "don't do that". Or, "I was wrong, I should say sorry". Or, not being able to get someone out of my head. Yes, I should pray for them and call.

Also to help me follow the Holy Spirit, I purpose throughout my daily routine to sing a song in my heart and keep a Scripture in my thoughts to keep me focused on Him. Yes, with the Holy Spirit's more constant presence and help I find a more satisfied and meaningful day. I pray that you and I would know God's helper, the Holy Spirit, in real and tangible and constant ways that bring new joy and life.

5 comments:

  1. Living through the overflow of His Spirit in us is the only real way to live! His Spirit is indeed like a wind, I think the more we are open to Him, the more we allow Him to get us out of the box, the more place He blows us...:)

    God Bless!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Laurie,

    Here is hoping that you and your hubby are doing great! I am keeping your both in my daily thoughts. This is a great post, because the more time we spend with God, the better we are to hear Him when He speaks.

    Love and Hugs ~ Kat

    ReplyDelete
  3. The still, quiet voice is a wonderful guide, indeed. I have sometimes been "guided" by a stronger, more directive voice -- and then I know I must obey. I think it is marvelous how God knows what each of us needs in order to heed Him.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am doing the same things. I am turning away from the noise of this world and listening to the silence so that I can hear God's voice. I am setting aside time for prayer and trying to remember everyone who is in need of God's help.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so refreshing! A lot of people honor God and Jesus, but they forget the Holy Spirit. The Holy Spirit has emotions just like we do, and can be grieved by our wrongdoing.

    Good post!

    ReplyDelete