Recently, I have been befriended by a very kind and very New Age mom whose daughter is in my daughter's dance class. She doesn't believe in the truth of the whole Bible as we Christians do. She picks and chooses what she thinks is truth from it. She believes Christ was reincarnated and that He was the first Adam. Very different from what Christians believe, huh? She does believe Christ died on the cross and was resurrected. (I am still figuring out how/why she believes what she does.)
A lot of people, I have found, including Christians doubt the inspiration, validity, and authority of the Holy Scriptures. So, I have decided to devote my next several Tuesday writings to somewhat of an apologetic writing on the Bible along with some feedback from my relationship with my new friend. Please pray for my friend Kathy and her daughter that they would come to Christ's light and for me to have God's Word to speak and God's love to show.
Did you know?
- The Bible consists of about 40 different authors. (There is some controversy over who wrote certain books.) The Bible was written over a span of 1600 years.
- In over 2700 times you will see written in the Bible "The Lord Said" or "The Word of God".
- "The unity of the Bible is remarkable..."
- Noah created an ark (a huge floating ship). In 1844 Isambard K. Brunnell built a ship using almost the exact same ratio of the ark.
- This information is taken from a wonderful children's book. How Do you Know the Bible is from God?, Kyle Butt.
I will put more information about the Bible in weeks to come. If you want to add anything for me to include or disagree on any point, please let me know. I for one want to be able to give an answer for the hope I have, a hope that is founded upon God's Word and a personal touch from a relationship with Christ my Lord. (I will post later this week on my other blog an apologetics refuting the lie of reincarnation if you are interested!) Blessings,