Tuesday, September 29, 2009
The wind blows wherever it pleases. You hear its sound, but you cannot tell
where it comes from or where it is going. So it is with everyone born of the
Spirit. John 3:8
I love the Holy Spirit! It amazes me that Christ's Spirit is with us at all times- to comfort, to teach, to talk to us. I just need to be more open to talk to Him and listen to His subtle ways of speaking to me:) So, lately I am quieting my heart more. This means more constant prayers throughout the day about how to spend my time and prayers for help with the daily grind. This also means not worrying or being anxious. Being sensitive to Him also means not shrugging off the ideas that come to my mind throughout the day and obeying His gentle promptings. Like, "don't do that". Or, "I was wrong, I should say sorry". Or, not being able to get someone out of my head. Yes, I should pray for them and call.
Also to help me follow the Holy Spirit, I purpose throughout my daily routine to sing a song in my heart and keep a Scripture in my thoughts to keep me focused on Him. Yes, with the Holy Spirit's more constant presence and help I find a more satisfied and meaningful day. I pray that you and I would know God's helper, the Holy Spirit, in real and tangible and constant ways that bring new joy and life.
Tuesday, September 22, 2009
So if the Son sets you free, you will be free indeed. John 8:36
Aren't children running such an image of God's freedom? I wrote a poem to the Lord and you.
I am not free when I carry my doubts, my worries, my woe.
I am not free when I walk head hung down and hope is low.
I am not free when my mind is filled with thoughts of me.
So, I pause to think, Lord when am I truly free?
I am free when my life echoes Your praise,
I am free when You are the Center of my days.
I am free when I live in obedience and trust,
I am free when I deny greed, envy, and lust.
I am free when I cast off shame, regret, and pain,
I am free when I allow Your will to reign,
I am free when I live my life only through You,
Yes, I want to be completely free, how about you?
Tuesday, September 15, 2009
The other day while praying God spoke to my heart. Don't you love it when that happens?
I was feeling overwhelmed with how far it seems our culture has come from God. (That is another post:) I also felt frustrated at my life and wondering how I can effect what seems void of God. God spoke to me that He is my editor. Now I have limited dealings with magazine and book editors, but I understood. Not only is He able to forgive and erase my mistakes, but He helps me write the story of my life. He corrects, He guides, He edits my life as He desires it to be read. He cares more than I do how my life is lived and read by others! He even knows the plot from beginning to end. And best of all, I am not in it alone! He is always there to help me. Suddenly after understanding all of that, I felt better, encouraged, and equipped for the task of life as I know it- sometimes difficult, most of the time challenging... always purposeful and satisfying in Him! (Normally I do WFW, but I am finding I can't always do so on Wednesdays, so I may start posting on Tuesdays some instead:)
Saturday, September 12, 2009
Thursday, September 10, 2009
"What are you thankful for today? Stop by Sonya's blog, Truth 4 The Journey, to find out how to share your gratitude and see what others are thanking God for today." (I am in between classes at work and it won't let me post the picture for TT here.
I AM THANKFUL FOR...
1. God's love- unfailing and unending!
2. God's rest- merciful and faithful!
3. God's provision- timely and sufficient!
4. God's heart- tender and inviting!
5. God's care- inspiring and refreshing!
And, I am thankful for each new day with all that God does! Love to all,
Wednesday, September 9, 2009
You can participate in WFW at Lori's site.
Thursday, September 3, 2009
"What are you thankful for today? Stop by Sonya's blog, Truth 4 The Journey, to find out how to share your gratitude and see what others are thanking God for today."
I chose the fall theme... because here definitely it has felt more like fall with cooler weather.
1. I am thankful for changing seasons and in particular for my favorite season, fall.
2. I am thankful for fun outings during the fall such as the state fair and fall festivals on Oct 31st.
3. I am thankful for the cooler weather. Though I thrive in hot weather, I love getting bundled up and the feel of cool air on my face. (I also love a good bon fire, roasted marshmallows, and hot cider during the fall.)
4. I am thankful for the changing leaves. God certainly knows how to create a beautiful landscape.
5. Lastly, I am thankful for Thanksgiving time with family gatherings and thankful hearts. I'm also thank for a four day weekend during Thanksgiving for me and my husband. Yes, I love the fall season that approaches us. And, I am thankful for all God gives us to enjoy and that seasons come and go. GOD BLESS YOU ALL TODAY!